Embracing the Weekend Warrior



Every now and then I have dreams of quitting my job, selling my belongings and hitting the open road. But then reality hits, and so I stay in my job, continue the desk jockey routine to pay the bills, my student loans and because that is the “the done thing”.

Holding down a full-time, and demanding job just doesn’t seem to allow enough time for the all the places I have on my list to visit and explore. In Australia we get 20 annual leave days and 10 public holidays. If your morals stretch that far, we also get 10 paid sick days per year which takes your total to 40 days. But if you can’t handle that guilt, then you’ve still got an additional 104 days to exploit for adventures:

The Weekend.

So the next few blogs are going to be what I'm calling my Weekend Warrior Series. You don’t need to tear yourself away from the world for months on end to bring adventure into your life – simply make the most of your weekends by packing in as much as physically possible. You’d be amazed what you can fit in between 6pm on Friday and 9am on Monday.

So as I sit there at my desk, working the daily grind, I now dream of the weekend. Us weekend warriors, we work our 9 to 5 (or 9 to 9 if you’re an architect), pack up, head home and begin living. We are in control of our weekend, exploring locally or venturing further. The weekend is our escape. It helps you remember the person you are before life dictated who you should be. It provides an escape to the world’s distractions and allows life’s expectations to quietly fade into the background.

So as you head into another working week, dream of the weekend and where it will take you, because a lot can happen in those two days.





Comments

  1. Lovely post.
    This is an amazing Article in terms of information, content and user readability.
    This blog is a representation of an extraordinary effort and research.
    I would like to address you about a similar website which provides awesome information on adware removal tool
    and
    what is anti adware?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts